Principal Investigator:Simor, Andrew Licenced Year(s):
Primary Study Objectives:
• To determine the prevalence of MRSA and VRE colonization and infection among adults hospitalized in Canadian hospitals;
• To determine the prevalence of C. difficile infection among adults hospitalized in Canadian hospitals.
Secondary Study Objectives:
• To describe demographic and select clinical/epidemiologic features of patients with prevalent MRSA, VRE, and C....
Principal Investigator:Benerji, Anna Licenced Year(s):
1) To identify the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and other respiratory viruses associated with lower respiratory tract infection (LRTI) admissions to regional and tertiary centres over a 18 month period for infants <1 year old living in the Canadian Arctic
2) To stratify the RSV LRTI admissions into categories by location (town with a hospital verses rural) and age (<1 ye...
Principal Investigator:Cooper, Elizabeth J Licenced Year(s):
The researcher is working on an MA thesis, and this research is part of the thesis work. The thesis is ethno-historic meaning that the researcher is interested to have community stories as well as the stories from information that is already written. Stories of interest are of when the hospitals were open as well as before and after they closed.
Semi-structured interviews will be conducted wit...
Principal Investigator:Kuntz, Patricia A. Licenced Year(s):
The population that will be used for this study is nurses working in a hospital setting in the NWT. Participants will be asked to complete a self-administered questionnaire (1-1/2 pages) and return the completed questionnaire to the researcher. A letter will accompany the questionnaire, explaining the purpose of the study and nature of research to each participant....