Principal Investigator:Borowitz, Michelle A Licenced Year(s):
The objectives of this study are to:
- conduct collaborative research that respects Aboriginal knowledge and acknowledges that knowledge is specific to a community and its traditional territory, and that each community has their unique way to deal with issues, its unique responses, and its unique way of understanding;
- disseminate Aboriginal knowledge that represents Aboriginals themselves and ...
Principal Investigator:Mutua, Daniel Licenced Year(s):
Objectives are to:
1. Design and test zero-head hydro-electric turbines under low flow, i.e. less than 1 m/sec velocity, for the purpose of utilizing locally available renewable hydro resources;
2. Solar/Hydrogen fuel cell testing;
3. Evaluate the feasibility of an NWT-based commercial venture to manufacture and sell these turbines, and/or integrated energy systems.
In rivers where ther...
Principal Investigator:May, Glenn Licenced Year(s):
The objectives of this study are:
1. To evaluate the use of hydrokinetic power generation in the Northwest Territories for use in off-grid applications,
2. To demonstrate cost-savings and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions power for a ferry camp (N'dulee Crossing, about 80 km WNW of Fort Simpson on the way to Wrigley),
3. Based on the results of the N'dulee crossing operation in 2010, evalua...
Principal Investigator:Cote, Jason E Licenced Year(s):
This licence is issued for the scientific research application # 829.
The objective of this research is to research baseline information regarding fish habitat around the hydroelectric development in Whati. . The planned fish and fish habitat assessment will identify available spawning and rearing habitats of northern pike and round whitefish, the previously identified indicator species, withi...
Principal Investigator:Panayi, Damian Licenced Year(s):
Objectives of the surveys will be to document locations of snowmobile travel routes, record snow depth, ice thickness, presence of overflow, and presence of hanging ice and thickness of air pocket if present.
The Deze Energy Corporation is planning to construct the Taltson Expansion Project, which would supply diamond mines with hydroelectricity from the Twin Gorges facility on the Taltson Rive...
Principal Investigator:Katz, Sharon Licenced Year(s):
The goals of this study are: to develop an understanding of water and ice behaviour in sites on the Mackenzie and Great Bear rivers; to obtain knowledge of water speed, depth, current profile, frazil ice and how deep ice may reach into the rivers during the Spring break up; to use this information to determine the feasibility of using Ducted Venturi and Gorlov Helical Turbines (DV-GHT) to harness ...
Principal Investigator:Buckland, Laurie L Licenced Year(s):
The Wha Ti Charter Community proposes to develop a run-of-river hydro facility on the La Martre river. The isolated community would like to replace its current diesel generator with a more sustainable, energy efficient and less costly system. An environm...
Principal Investigator:Mielko, Corrinne Licenced Year(s):
Lakes and wetlands in the Canadian Shield have important storage effects that greatly modify runoff generation from the basins. The project objective is to understand and quantify the hydrological processes operating at the basin scale in a boreal Shelf...
Principal Investigator:Sharpe, Seßn Licenced Year(s):
This work will assess the possible effects of expanding the Taltson hydroelectric generation facilities to supply power to the Snap Lake Diamond Mine. The existing facilities are on the Taltson River at Twin Gorges, located approximately 60 km NE of Fort...
Principal Investigator:Puznicki, Wayne Licenced Year(s):
The objective of the study is to assess the concentration of mercury in fish, water and sediment in Bluefish and Duncan Lakes; to provide information to the Yellowknives Dene First Nation to make decisions relating to the use of fish and water from these lakes; and to correlate traditional knowledge with scientific data. Bluefish & Duncan Lakes are about 50 km to the northeast of Yellowknife. Tr...