Principal Investigator:Farmer, Drew Licenced Year(s):
By developing recommendations aimed at closing gaps it is expected that there will be improvements in employee morale, recruitment and retention, and organizational efficiency that will positively impact corporate profitability.
The primary research will consist of employee surveys and interviews that will seek to 1) validate the findings of the Organizational Cultural Inventory; 2) determine t...
Principal Investigator:St. Pierre, Isabelle Licenced Year(s):
The goal of this project is to identify factors that support the successful integration, retention and career advancement of internationally educated nurses (IENs) into the Canadian healthcare system.
This can guide potential IENs by helping them understand how to prepare for employment as a nurse in Canada.
The research will also better assist educators and employers to develop the most app...
Principal Investigator:MacLeod, Martha Licenced Year(s):2015
The main objectives of this research project are to:
1. Describe and compare the roles and functions of nurses practicing in various work environments and with differing scopes of practice to determine how roles are enacted in rural/remote communities.
2. Describe the engagement of nurses with primary health care in rural/remote communities.
3. Examine what contributes to the recruitment of n...
Principal Investigator:Smith, Glenn Licenced Year(s):
The objectives of this research project are to;
• Increase installed human capital
• Improve personnel recruitment practices
• Provide improved retention strategies
• Better match shareholders expectations on cost effective, safe and reliable operations
Individual interviews will be conducted with middle and senior managers, the Director of Human Resources, and Human Resource department s...
Principal Investigator:Randall, Katie A Licenced Year(s):2014
The objectives of this research project are:
1. to conduct research to identify gaps and barriers and supportive factors to Inuit, First Nations and Metis men’s participation in education (particularly literacy and essential skills [LES] acquisition) and employment;
2. to build the research & knowledge capacity of the northern literacy coalitions to further the goals of the research team of beco...
Principal Investigator:Enge, Audrey S. Licenced Year(s):
The aim of this Master of Business Administration study is to ascertain the challenges or barriers that prevent the increase in Aboriginal employment recruitment and retention within Northwestel Inc. and other organizations with similar employment equity programs. A main objective of this research project is to develop an Aboriginal Recruitment and Retention Strategy for Northwestel Inc. Specifica...
Principal Investigator:Stockton, Pam Licenced Year(s):
This is the second year of a study that the researcher expects will help to explain how new graduate nurses begin to practice in the NWT. The researcher is about halfway through interviewing a total of 10 to 15 currently-practicing graduates of the Nor...
Principal Investigator:Giles, Sarah Licenced Year(s):
Canada's northern regions face a shortage of doctors. This research will examine the factors influencing physician recruitment and retainment in Fort Simpson through participant observation, semi-structured interviews and an examination of historical re...
Principal Investigator:Harris, Ronald W. Licenced Year(s):
Nurses presently employed in the various health delivery settings across the NWT will be surveyed to identify the factors contributing to longer tenure. Data will be collected and analyzed in order to assess trends and models for recruitment screening and nurse hiring practices will be developed....