Principal Investigator:Rodon, Thierry Licenced Year(s):
This project will bridge this knowledge gap by achieving the following three objectives:
1) to make a list of various methods used by Aboriginal communities and organizations to distribute royalties and profit shares paid by resource companies;
2) to identify the characteristics of each modes of distributions and their positive and negative outcomes; and,
3) to identify the most sustainable pra...
Principal Investigator:Hampton, Mary Licenced Year(s):
This study will:
1. integrate several sources of data to create an action plan that maps the socio-spatial problem of intimate partner violence;
2. create narratives describing community response in rural and northern areas of the Prairie Provinces and the NWT; and,
3. generate a grounded theory as a practical tool to create and sustain non-violent communities in these regions of Canada.
Principal Investigator:Irngaut, Katharine Licenced Year(s):
For the Survey Component, Pauktuutit seeks to gather data that will guide the development of tools and resources that will engage Inuit men and boys and will reduce the levels of violence prevalent in Inuit communities. The survey will seek to gauge Inuit attitudes about gender roles, about different forms of violence, and the types of information and services that will resonate among Inuit. Inter...
Principal Investigator:Lake, Tasha Licenced Year(s):
The objective of this research project is to understand the significance, values and beliefs regarding relationships and relationship building in an Aboriginal community. The principal investigator wants to develop a potential process of how social workers working in Aboriginal communities might build these types of relationships with families and communities.
Sample: Aboriginal social work st...
Principal Investigator:Denning, Bryany Licenced Year(s):
- To determine contributing factors to child maltreatment substantiation and out-of-home placement, among adult functioning, child functioning and poverty, in the 2003 Canadian Incidents Study (CIS) study;
- To compare these findings with the current information captured in the Child and Family Services Information System (CFIS) database, and determine whether enough in...
Principal Investigator:Vittrekwa, Elizabeth H.L.C Licenced Year(s):
The objectives of this research project are to complete a review of the local/regional economic factors for single mothers including documenting employment/economic choices; to complete a summary report of what employment, barriers and services are currently available for the target group of this program and what can be done with local programs/services to help single mothers such as counselling, ...
Principal Investigator:Graham, John R. Licenced Year(s):
This research follows a 2006–2009 Social Science and Humainities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) Standard Research Grant (SRG) and a 2006-2007 SSHRC Northern Development Grant, in which the researchers piloted a quantitative instrument to measure Subjective Well Being (SWB) of practicing social workers in Alberta, Northwest Territories, and northwestern Ontario. This current research project bu...
Principal Investigator:Davison, Patricia B Licenced Year(s):
This research attempts to look at the impact of the level of child care on the labour force in Inuvik. The main issues that form the historical rationale for this research include: the lack of high quality accessible and safe choices for young children while parents/caregivers worked or took training, and the lack of support for families with young children.
This research will be conducted thr...
Principal Investigator:Southcott, Chris Licenced Year(s):201120102009
The purpose of this study is: to establish an initial list of social economy organizations in Northern Canada; to undertake a survey of these organizations to determine the characteristics of these organizations including locations, activities, size, employment, membership and structure; to determine the research needs of these organizations through a needs survey that will accompany the inventory...
Principal Investigator:Kronstal, Alana Licenced Year(s):
The purpose of this research is to document the experiences, perspectives and support needs of community mental health and addiction workers in the NWT.
The researcher will gather data through interviews with GNWT mental health and addictions service providers in various communities. Paraprofessionals from all of the regional health authorities will be asked to volunteer to participate in the ...